Kenya Association of Manufacturers established in 1959 is a representative membership organization representing over 750 leading manufacturing companies in Kenya. KAM seeks to competitively fill the following positions and invites qualifying candidates to apply:-
· and a
2. Liason Officer – SMEs
Designation: Liaison Officer – SMEs
Reporting to: Head of KAM Consulting
Work Type: Term Contract – 2 Year Renewable Based on Performance
To work alongside the appointed SME Sub-sector Committee members and coordinate the activities of the SME Sub-sector and offer requisite support and attention to advance the subsector’s interests
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop a well defined SME segment in the KAM membership
- Establish an up-to-date SME database
- Develop an SME strategy covering all pillars related to KAM: membership, policy advocacy, services and communication
- Identify at least 3 priority policy areas annually for SMEs in manufacturing and liaise with the Policy Research and advocacy unit to advocate for these areas
- Establish needs for the SMES and implement the SME Strategy for business services
- Design relevant communication tools for SMEs
- Recruitment of SME members
- Articulate membership issues and offer support / advocacy for the segment to advance their interests
9. Identify and engage the relevant government agencies, regulatory authorities, and, all stakeholders, together with KAM, for and on behalf of the SME sub-sector.
10. Lobbying the Government and advocating on matters affecting members of the sub-sector.
11. Provide oversight on matters affecting and potentially capable of affecting members in the SME sub-sector.
12. Convene meetings of the SME Sub-sectors.
13. Any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor or the Chief Executive.
· A degree in Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing or in any related social sciences from a reputable university.
· Relevant experience preferably from financial or Industrial sectors is an added advantage.
· Have demonstrated ability in resource mobilization, stakeholder engagement and a flair for business advocacy and lobbying.
Interested qualifying candidates are encouraged to send their application and CV only and must indicate title of position being applied for on subject line of the email to the attention of;
Chief Executive; Kenya Association of Manufacturers
PO Box 30225 - 00100 GPO,
Closing date is 18th April, 2014. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.