Designation: Head, KAM Consulting
Job Level: Senior Executive Officer
Reporting to: The Chief Executive Officer, Kenya Association of Manufacturers
Work Type: Term Contract – 2 Years Renewable
Job Purpose: To provide overall direction and oversight of KAM Consulting - an autonomous Strategic Business Unit of the Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM).
Duties and Responsibilities:
To offer strategic leadership to the organizational development (OD) and business growth of the Strategic Business Unit by ensuring that;
- KAM Consulting is established as an operationally autonomous entity recognized to provide business services;
- Identify, prioritize and develop key high quality firm level business services targeting manufacturing sector in terms of;
i. Production improvement
ii. Market development and
iii. Energy efficiency
iv. Strategic Planning and Execution
v. Capacity Development
- Maintain relations with external service providers to be retained to offer services on behalf of KAM Consulting
- Formulate and Lead marketing strategies for services offered by KAM Consulting;
- Maintain Quality Assurance for KAM Consulting Services;
- Determine key revenue drivers for the various services offered by KAM Consulting;
- Determine, recruit and undertake line management roles for the required human resource capacity necessary for KAM Consulting to deliver its business plan;
- Financial oversight to KAM Consulting;
- Ensure timely reporting to the CEO on KAM consulting activities.
- Any other duties as may be allocated by the CEO.
- A degree either in Business, Marketing, Project Development or Finance or any other relevant field.
- Demonstrated successful innovation and execution of corporate entrepreneurship, especially in a manufacturing setting.
- Over 5 years experience running a consultancy business in a highly competitive environment.
- Skills Leadership, Marketing, sales and business and Financial Management and Performance Setting and Measurement.
- Experience working with business leaders and developing generic and industry specific solutions/ value-added services is crucial.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills.
- Ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
- Strong leadership and Customer relationship management skills
- Team player with ability to work with diverse functions in an organization.
Interested and qualifying candidates are encouraged to send their application and Curriculum Vitae only with the title of position applied for on email subject line to reach the below addressee not later than 31st October, 2014 close of business;