|Firm Level Services|
KAM offers a wide range of services in advocacy, business services and communication. The following are notable areas of KAM’s intervention:-
- Policy Advocacy
- Representation to the government on various issues of concern such as Infrastructure, Energy, Telecommunication, Illicit Trade, Counterfeit and Unfriendly regulations.
- Business information on trade arrangements under EAC, COMESA, SADC, ACP-EU, WTO and AGOA;
- Technical advice on taxation matters;
- Topical Seminars and Workshops;
- Assistance to members to engage in strategic Corporate Social Responsibility through the application of the 10 principles of the UN Global Compact;
- Network opportunities with other manufacturers and business sectors;
Firm Level Services
Immigration Work PermitsThe KAM Work Permit Desk is reputed for delivering quick turn-around not exceeding two weeks for renewals and 2 months for new applications from the time Work Permit applications are received. This is a ‘Members Only’ service and we urge more members to take advantage of the service for speedy processing and turnaround time. For more information Contact: Patrick Kaleve or Arnold Chao
AGOA Visa ProcessingWe facilitate EPZ companies exporting to the US with the processing of Agoa export visas at our Nairobi and Mombasa KAMEA Offices. For more information contact: Patrick Kaleve
Tax Remission for Export Office (TREO) SchemeThis service is for companies producing for the export market. The scheme allows tax remission on raw materials. For more information contact: Wambui Ndungu.
The Centre for Energy Efficiency and Conservation (CEEC)The Centre for Energy Efficiency and Conservation (CEEC), based at KAM runs an energy efficiency and conservation program designed to help companies identify energy wastage, determine saving potential and give recommendation on measures to be implemented. Some of the activities of the Centre include:
Carrying out comprehensive energy audits; Identifying, developing and implementing bankable energy efficiency projects jointly with energy consumers; Awareness creation on Energy Management; Capacity Building; Developing energy usage benchmarks for various sectors of the economy; Supporting the government in formulating and implementing policies aimed at encouraging rational use of energy; Building linkages with other stakeholders in the Energy field; Organization and management of the annual Energy Management Award.
For more Information contact: Mary Kiema or CEEC
Business Competitiveness Servicesprovides KAM members and non-members with demand-driven, value-added services at competitive rates. The services include:
- Capacity Building programs: Mentorship & Networking forums; Continuous Improvement programmes: Kaizen Management Systems, also looking to introduce 6 (Lean) Sigma; Policy seminars; Technical & Management training for mid-level staff; Business Leaders Conference
- Trade/Export Development Services: Export market studies; Export mapping seminars; Trade mission(s)
- Growth Oriented SMEs (GOS) program designed to provide direct technical assistance and training to growth oriented manufacturing SMES at the firm level at on a cost-sharing basis in such areas as: Trade credits; Standards; Product design; international markets; value chains and market linkages.
For more information contact: Lilian Odhek