KAM is a leading business membership organization which represents value add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses.
KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities.
In pursuit of its core mandate of policy advocacy, KAM promotes trade and investment, upholds standards, encourages the formulation, enactment and administration of sound policies that facilitate a competitive business environment and reduce the cost of doing business.
In 2009, KAM unveiled a new corporate image as it observed 50 years since its establishment.
To be a world class business membership organization that effectively delivers services to members wherever they operate.
To help build a globally competitive and inclusive Kenyan manufacturing industry
1. Work with Government(s) to improve the competitiveness of Kenya as a location for manufacturing and increasing our trade with other African countries.
2. Grow as an inclusive, member focused, and sustainable BMO that delivers to an engaged constituency.
3. Retain manufacturing purity while engaging and growing KAM’s community to a level where KAM represents 75% of active Kenya manufacturers.
4. Deliver Demand Driven Services that support our members.
5. Build KAM as a Sustainable Organization.