The Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organization for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya. Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses. KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities.
KAM is owned and managed by its members now numbering nearly 800 and has offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Thika and Industrial Area.
To be a world class business membership organization that effectively delivers services to members wherever they operate.
To promote competitive local manufacturing in a liberalised market
To help BUILD a globally competitive and inclusive Kenyan manufacturing industry.
Goals for the plan Period 2014-2016
1. Work with Government to improve the competitiveness of Kenya as a location for manufacturing and increasing our trade with other African countries.
2. Grow as an inclusive, member focused, and sustainable BMO that delivers to an engaged constituency.
3. Retain manufacturing purity while engaging and growing KAM’s community to a level where KAM represents 75% of active Kenya manufacturers.
4. Deliver Demand Driven Services that support our members.
5. Build KAM as a Sustainable Organisation.
Core Values: Innovation. Effectiveness. Responsiveness. Resilience.
Download the KAM profile for more details