Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) through Centre for Energy Efficiency and Conservation (CEEC) offers energy audits to members and non-members to help them identify energy wastage, determine savings potential and give recommendation on measures to achieve them.
Over the last 10 years, many organizations have undertaken energy audits with KAM which has resulted in significant savings to the tune of over KShs 10 Bn. So far we have audited over 700 companies, hospitals, public institutions and hospitality sector. These savings have enhanced local production and service delivery thus impacting positively towards the national GDP.
Energy audits identify and quantify the opportunities for energy savings. We offer two types of energy audits namely:
- General energy auditing: involves inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a facility, process, or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output.
- Investment grade energy audits: entails inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows for energy conservation in a facility, process, or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output. It also entails consideration of economic analysis of the recommended measures and viability of their implementation at firm level.
Benefits of Engaging KAM for Energy Auditing
Definition of Energy Audit: An energy audit is an inspection, survey and analysis of energy flows, for energy conservation in a building, process or system to reduce the amount of energy input into the system without negatively affecting the output(s).
- KAM engages 17 licensed energy audit firms.
- KAM assigns auditors to conduct audits as per the experience and expertise in different sectors which KAM acknowledges out of the period of engagements.
- KAM has a quality checking team that proofreads and queries audits conducted by auditors sealing out any possibility of “generic auditing”.
- Audit work completion is made through a presentation of the work by the auditor to the client in the presence of KAM’s representatives and any queries or concerns ironed out during the meeting.
- KAM makes audit follow up after a year to engage the client on the progress, challenges and wins towards audit recommendations implementation.
- KAM has a sub-unit that offers financial support towards renewable energy and energy efficiency projects where interested clients can liaison with the sub-unit.
- KAM offers exchange visits, free of cost, where participants from one company get to visit and exchange notes with another company of outstanding performance in energy management or investment in renewable energy as a knowledge building forum.
- KAM offers specialised trainings as a means of capacity building. Some of these trainings are free.
- KAM networks clients to genuine technology providers on a need basis considering the rise in technologies, of which some aren’t genuine.
- KAM is available to engage for any support or guidance towards energy efficiency and compliance with the regulation of which audit is a single component out of several other requirements.
- KAM’s experience and expertise in energy audits of over 10 years is in itself priceless value to clients.
Looking for elevation? KAM lifts you up.
- Direct technical assistance
- Capacity building programmes
- Networking and mentorship
- Industry insights & analysis
- Trade & export development services
The Kenya Association of Manufacturers wants your company to live up to its full potential. That’s why we provide direct technical assistance and training to growth-oriented manufacturing SMEs, keeping you at the top of your game always.