Kenya Association of Manufacturers is the representative organisation for manufacturing value-add industries in Kenya.
Established in 1959 as a private sector body, KAM has evolved into a dynamic, vibrant, credible and respected business association that unites industrialists and offers a common voice for businesses.
KAM provides an essential link for co-operation, dialogue and understanding with the Government by representing the views and concerns of its members to the relevant authorities.
In pursuit of its core mandate of policy advocacy, KAM promotes trade and investment, upholds standards, encourages the formulation, enactment and administration of sound policies that facilitate a competitive business environment and reduce the cost of doing business.
In 2009, KAM unveiled a new corporate image as it observed 50 years since its establishment.
To promote competitive and sustainable local manufacturing.
To be a World Class BMO that effectively delivers services to its members
To transform KAM into a sustainable member-focused association delivering relevant, quality, timely and effective services to its members.
KAM has 6 values that are the key drivers of its corporate culture. These are Responsiveness, Integrity, Innovation, Inclusiveness, Teamwork and Excellence.
To create wealth at both corporate and individual levels by advocating for a competitive environment for businesses to operate, thereby creating better industries, growing the economy, creating jobs and hence resulting in better standards of living for Kenyans.
- Driving industrial growth and realization of 15% contribution of manufacturing sector to GDP by 2019
- Supporting skills-based job creation agenda and increase manufacturing sector jobs by 33%
- Enhancing market access for products, locally and globally to grow exports by 33% by 2019
- Retaining and recruiting a broad membership base
- Operational excellence
Looking for elevation? KAM lifts you up.
- Direct technical assistance
- Capacity building programmes
- Networking and mentorship
- Industry insights & analysis
- Trade & export development services
The Kenya Association of Manufacturers wants your company to live up to its full potential. That’s why we provide direct technical assistance and training to growth-oriented manufacturing SMEs, keeping you at the top of your game always.